If you watch my Insta stories you might be familiar with how I am trying a minimalist approach to makeup, especially during the summer months. To be honest, I’ve never been a big makeup user. In high school, I loved wearing Kajal and during university, I was big into highlighter and bronzer. Right now I feel like I’m embracing a more natural looking self.
But to get that “natural look” it requires some makeup- Right?! So today, I’m sharing some of my top fave products. Some of these are *new* discoveries and some are tried and tested oldies!
1, Color Wow Root Touch Up I can’t live without this product because of all my white hair! My whites, especially around my temples, are super pesky and show up days after a salon visit. So this Touch-up kit is a godsend. The brush has two tips in different sizes which really helps. The powder is not sticky and it really lasts!
2. Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick in Pastel Pink I’ve used other bricks from Bobbi Brown when I was younger… But I didn’t want to go back to them because I found them to be a little too intense. What I liked about this was that it was a subtle enhancement and gave a sort of sun-kissed glow instead of an overpowering pink or bronzer.
3. Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette My friend gave this to me for my birthday two years ago and to be honest I was NOT using it that often. I found some of the colors too light and I was used to wearing darker colors and eyeliner that I was kinda lost. Fast forward present day- I can’t live without this palette. The nudes are just so pretty! There are blushes, bronzers and rose pinks that are delicate and pretty and perfect for a summer fresh face.
4. Glossier Haloscope The Haloscope comes in three colors- Topaz, Quartz and Moonstone. All of them are gorgeous but I picked up the Topaz one to give me that extra healthy glow. I usually use this on my cheekbones and my brow bone. The good thing it that you can’t go overboard when you use this. In the past, I have used a similar product from NARS and I found that to be too shimmery and not something I thought I could use during the day. I’m happy with the subtle dewey glow from Haloscope.
5. Honest Beauty Lipstick Crayon in Blossom Kiss I LOVE this color. Firstly this crayon is incredibly moisturizing. It feels and looks glossy without it being sticky. I love the application of this color. It just goes on so nicely. I just picked up the Raspberry Kiss which is bit brighter and fun for summer!
6. Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara in Jet Black What I love about this mascara is how easily it comes off! It has a small brush which makes it easy to apply the mascara on every lash. I don’t think it gives the same Volume as some other mascaras on the market (like Buxom) but I like this for every day and even at night.
7. Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner I guess old habits die hard! I can’t live without this and even though I am trying to use it less and less it’s still in my drawer- front and center. I’m horrible with a liquid liner so this gel is a savior. It applies really easily and I love how jet black it is. If you haven’t tried it give it a shot!
8. Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyebrow Powder So, I don’t have sparse eyebrows but there are some bald spots that need the filler. I really love this powder because it matches my brows and just gives them a much-needed boost.
All photos by Jenifer Michelle Photography