Last week we headed to Tulum, Mexico for a week of much-needed R&R! I was super pumped since we were all in need of family time! This was my 4th time visiting but my 1st time spending all of my time in Tulum. For those of you who don’t know where Tulum is- well it’s a coastal gem on the Riviera Maya about 2 hours from Cancun.
Mexico map by Scott Jessop
I love Tulum because it’s bohemian and super charming! I love the chilled out vibe with the rustic and beautiful beach hotels, numerous restaurants and bars and travelers from around the world! I love the rich sense of history around the Rivera Maya- from the Mayan Ruins, the colonial towns, and the freshwater cenotes. Also, the beaches are a major plus!
The flight to Cancun is about an hour and a half from Fort Lauderdale Airport! It’s so convenient for us especially since we are flying with a toddler. Armaan was super chilled on the flight with his toys and snacks and before we knew it we were in Cancun! After we landed we got a taxi from the airport and headed on our way. It’s quite a journey- around 2 hours but trust me – it’s totally worth it! Thankfully Armaan was asleep all the way there!
We stayed at Posada Margherita- a charming beachfront hotel. There are no TV’s or 24-hour room service and the wifi is very spotty but they have a killer pasta menu, homemade organic juices, and a super lovely family friendly beachfront which was perfect for our little family. We would literally roll out of bed and have breakfast on the beach every morning and then build sand castles with Armaan and just sunbathe!
If we only have a few days in Tulum here are some things you must check out!
EAT + VISIT
- Nomade Hotel – The ceviche and grilled shrimp were unreal! Make sure to visit the Gratitude Tent and the Sound therapy garden. Their beachfront is AMAZING!
- Safari – Yummy Fish Tacos!
- Casa Malca- Originally Pablo Escobar’s residence but now a swanky boutique hotel. I love all the art and funky installations.
- Mateos- This was more for Armaan- He loved the Pollo Frito!
- Taqueria La Eufemia- Super hippie vibes with great music.
- Cenzontle- Interesting menu and lovely ambiance.
- Le Zebra- Upscale hotel in the heart of Tulum with a buzzy scene.
- The Real Coconut- Gluten. Dairy, Grain and Refined Sugar-FREE. Nuff said!
- Casa Jaguar- Love the ambiance and the menu is very creative.
- Gitano- Chic and filled a fun crowd. Yummy Moscow mules!
- Yaan Wellness Spa-I got the signature massage but my favorite part was the water therapy session after.
- Sanara- Yoga, and Wellness center are really tranquil,
- Mayan Clay Spa- My husband and I got a couples massage. They start with a full body massage and ended with a lovely dose of clay on my face and in my hair. If you opt for a 90 min massage they apply the clay to your whole body! Next time…
- Private Massage- Our hotel arranged an in-room massage for my hubs which I heard was amazing.
- La Troupe
- KM 33
- La Tiendita
- Mayan Ruins